The Class Captain Program is comprised of a loyal group of alumni who represent their individual class years. Class Captains are HFS ambassadors that will help continue strong relationships between our Panther Alumni and their Alma Mater.
Class Captains are our most valuable volunteers. The job is invaluable, but very simple: a minimal time commitment and the interest to keep in touch with your classmates and friends. Being a Class Captain is a great way to remain involved after graduation and you can be as active as your schedule will allow.
What does a Class Captain do?
The program is designed to help classmates stay connected and maintain relationships with one another and with Holy Family. Class Captains work with Alumni Coordinator, Ann (Yochim) Tabereaux ‘92 in the Alumni Office to:
- Maintain contact information and track down lost alumni for the members of your class.
- Communicate on a regular basis with classmates; either via letter, e-mail, or social networking Web sites.
- Keep classmates up-to-date on events and news about HFS and their class.
- Encourage and increase participation in alumni activities (reunions, Panther Draw, the golf outing, Auction, etc.). A personal invitation from a classmate goes a long way!
- Brainstorm additional ways to keep your class connected (i.e. create a Facebook page and/or LinkedIn Group). Many class captains are our best source of contact updates.
- Serve as a member of the reunion planning committee in your special reunion years.
- Promote class participation in the Annual Appeal and Special Class Gifts.
Several classes are still without class captains and other classes could use additional help. Contact Alumni Coordinator Ann (Yochim) Tabereaux ‘92 using this form if you’re interested in more information.